Welcome to my Blog.
Please feel free to browse my ramblings below and leave a comment if you like, they are most appreciated.
Jo xx



Sunday 9 September 2012

Sundays Finds

I have realised that my blog has been very Pug orientated lately so I thought it was about time to show you two of my latest finds.  Hubby and I set off in the 'Chelsea Tractor' bound for Kedleston Hall in Derby where a large antiques fair is held  in the grounds.  We have seen this fair advertised before but for some reason have never been although it isn't far from where we live!  Most of the fair appeared to be just general antiques and no textiles :( but then, I found this................


The most stunning hand embroidered silk bed cover.


The amount of work that has gone into this bed cover is amazing.  I think it probably started life as a piano shawl but then at some time in it's life has been backed in silk to make this beautiful bed cover.  I will covet it for a while but promise I will part with it...........


The next find was this gorgeous French Boutis (SORRY SOLD), in lovely condition apart from a couple of marks.  I have washed it and will be taking it to a fair in the near future.


Lovely, shabby and French, just how I like them....


Just to lower the tone somewhat....this was the men's toilets at the fair!  Everything for the modern man which my hubby found very amusing.
On that note.....have a great week.
Jo xx

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful covers Jo! I wouldn't be able to part with them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. there aren't enough ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's on my keyboard to go with that embroidered bedcover!
    Have a great week Jo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impeccable taste in textiles, as always Jo. Love the loo. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good finds, but what were you doing in the men's room taking pictures, BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to the Kedleston Fair a few times but NEVER found anything so lovely! As far as can remember the ladies powder room is fairly swish too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out our blog...you won one of Tuni's Kangaroos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jo,
    I love your finds, bedspreads are my especial weakness... and laughed at the perfect loos! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely messages on my Blog, they are very much appreciated. I will try and reply to you all.
Jo xx